TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before ordering.
You should keep a copy of these terms and conditions for your future reference.
The “Seller” is defined as the legal entity “Little Buttercup Cakery”
www.littlebuttercupcakery.co.uk is a site operated by Little Buttercup Cakery, (“we”, “us”, or “our”).
The “Buyer” means the person (legal or natural) who buys the goods. “Goods” is defined as the items to be supplied by the Seller to the Buyer as listed in this invoice. The “Site” is defined as this website.
These Terms and Conditions shall apply to the sale of the Goods by the Seller to the Buyer to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions referred except where the Seller has agreed to such variation in writing and by way of signature. By ordering from Little Buttercup Cakery you agree to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions (“Conditions) and accept that these Conditions may be modified or amended and posted on this website from time to time.
The payments are payable in 2 stages.The delivery service charge will be added.
- Your initial retainer of a 50% non-refundable Booking Fee to confirm a cake order and hold the date.
- Final Payment in Full is due 2 months before the event.
- If your cake is ordered less than 1 month before the event date, the total amount is due immediately and your order is not confirmed until payment is received.
- No work will be completed on your order until final payment has been received.
- By making a payment the Buyer is accepting the Terms and Conditions as detailed on this page.
- The balance must be paid no later than the date set out in the order confirmation by bank transfer (BACS payment) to the account provided by Little Buttercup Cakery. Late payments will incur a £25 charge plus time spent on debt recovery from clients via additional invoice.
- If payment is not received by the date specified this shall be constituted as breach of contract by the client. We reserve the right to put the order on hold until payment is made in full. When payment is late, we accept no responsibility should we be unable to purchase the required materials and ingredients as detailed in the order confirmation, nor do we accept responsibility should there be inadequate time to complete the order in its entirety.
Prices are liable to change at any time, but any changes will not affect orders which we have already accepted.
- In the case of orders placed less than 2 weeks prior to the event date, Little buttercup cakery reserves the right to incur a “Rush Order” fee of £25 or 25% of the total order price, whichever is greater.
- Our services are available on a first come, first served basis. Rush orders are to be accepted at the sole discretion of Little buttercup cakery
- Changes to your order (size, decor, flavors, etc.) will be accepted until one month prior to the event date. After that lockout date we are unable to accept any further alterations.
- Changes to the cake design approved by the Client after execution of this agreement may result in total price changes.
CAKE STAND HIRE
1. All hired items must be returned to Little buttercup cakery within 3 days of the wedding, please do not leave any items at the venue unless otherwise agreed with us.
2. Failure to return a cake stand to Little buttercup cakery within 3 days or in cases of loss or damage we will issue an invoice for the replacement cost or retain your deposit.
- While Little buttercup cakery makes every effort to provide exactly the flavor, filling, decoration, size, color, shape, and design discussed during consultations, creating cakes and other desserts is an art form and may be subject to variations.
- Colour matching is not a precise science and different sugar substrates take color differently. Little buttercup bakery will do everything possible to match provided color swatches, but sometimes it is not possible to make a 100% perfect color match. Some colors are just not achievable using food grade dyes.
- Little buttercup cakery cannot match a “verbal” color or a color sent via electronic device, as all monitors display colour differently. To attempt a color match, you must provide a color swatch 14 days in advance of the event.
- To maintain stability and the integrity of your event cake, Little buttercup cakery reserves the right to make design and structural changes to your cake on site or off, without prior notification.
- chocolate and buttercream in summer months.
We recommend extreme caution if you are considering a cake decorated with chocolate or buttercream for a summer wedding (May-September). We cannot accept responsibility for any melting of the cake once it has left our possession, as we have no control over the environment / venue temperature. We can however advise you of designs that are less susceptible to melting and do everything within our control to reduce the impact on the cake.
ORNAMENTS, TOPPERS, NON EDIBLE ITEMS AND FLOWERS
- All ornaments and toppers should be brought to us by 7 days prior to your event so they can be assessed for weight and stability, and any necessary cake reinforcements prepared.
- Little buttercup cakery reserves the right not to place ornaments on your cake if we feel that so doing will cause damage to your cake.
- Most cakes contain small proportions of inedible items; it is the client’s responsibility to ensure these are removed by your caterer/guests before consumption e.g. Support dowels in tiered cakes, ribbon, wires in sugar flowers, Swarovski crystals, flower picks & flower tape etc.
- You are responsible for ordering flowers from your florist to adorn your cake. Please keep in mind that some flowers are harmful when eaten, and caution should be used by you and your florist when selecting flowers to insert into cake.
- Little buttercup cakery is not liable for any damage or illness caused by floral inserts into the cake.
- Fresh flowers must be placed on the cake table at the venue, prepped and ready for use upon our arrival.
- It is important for us to allow the appropriate amount of time within your fees to adorn your cake at it’s destination. Please be sure to discuss on-site decoration with us in advance of delivery to avoid additional charges.
CANCELLATION AND POSTPONEMENT POLICIES
- We will do everything in our power to accommodate your new date in cases of postponement. However, if a new date is not selected and confirmed by 3 months prior to your original date, our cancellation policy will apply.
- If we are not able to accommodate your new date, Little buttercup cakery will consider your event to be “cancelled” and our cancelation policy will apply.
- Cancellation of your event will result in a partial to no refund.
a. Cancellation prior to 3 months before the event: A cancellation fee in the amount of your initial deposit of £100 booking fee will be retained by Little buttercup cakery from your total payments, and any remainder refunded in the form of a check.
b. Cancellation between 3 months to 1 month before the event: A cancellation fee in the amount of 50% the quoted total balance will be collected by Little buttercup cakery from your total payments, and then the remainder of your payment balance will be refunded in the form of a check.
c. Cancellation within the 1 month window before the event will not be granted a refund except in cases of death in the immediate family or deployment.
- When we take your event order, we begin declining other orders. As we get closer to your event date, the chances of re-booking your date are greatly reduced. For this reason, non-refundable portions are non-transferable and cannot be applied to later dates.
ALLERGENS AND INGREDIENTS
- Little buttercup cakery is a licensed, insured, and health permitted bakery.
- We only use ingredients of the utmost quality and make all of our products completely from scratch.
- While Little buttercup cakery will take every measure to minimize the risk of cross-contamination, processes known allergens such as tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, dairy, corn, gluten, and eggs. In signing this contract, you agree to notify guests of allergen risks and hold us harmless for any allergic reaction.
DELIVERY AND COLLECTION
We cannot be held liable for any damages to the cake or products we have delivered once we have delivered or delivered and set up the cake at the venue or delivery location and received a signature for the safe receipt of the goods on our delivery note (we will deliver with a delivery note). If the cake or products are collected from us, we cannot be held liable for any damages to the cake or products once they have left our premises. The collection vehicle should have a flat surface and be clean and tidy. This is the responsibility of the Buyer. The cake or products can be very fragile so we advise to drive very slowly and carefully and purchase non-slip matting. We will always endeavour to deliver within the given time slot, however unfortunately delivery timings can not be guaranteed. Refunds will not be given for delayed deliveries. If in the unlikely event the delivery is delayed, we will always endeavour to deliver the cake to you as close as possible to the given delivery time.
Goods placed outside are liable to react to the temperature. In hot or humid weather there is the possibility of sugar decorations melting or damage to Goods. Please note, we do not provide cake tables, tablecloths or cutting knives. It is the responsibility of the Buyer to provide these or check with the venue to ensure these items are provided. A shelf life and Best Before Date will be provided on the Delivery Note. This is advisory only. Please note, once cakes have been cut into the shelf life will be reduced.
In the unlikely event that your order arrives damaged, it is the customer’s responsibility to report the damage to us within 48 hours and send photographic evidence of the damage if you wish to claim a refund or replacement. The Seller will not take back any undamaged goods from the Buyer unless agreed in writing by the Seller. The Seller accepts no liability for cakes that are damaged after they have been delivered to the agreed location. For cakes delivered to venues, the Seller requires a signed delivery note by the person in charge to say that the cake has arrived and that it arrived in perfect condition.
Cakes collected from Little Buttercup Cakery studio requires a signed delivery note by the person in charge to say that the cake has been collected in perfect condition. Damages after this point are not Little Buttercup Cakery’s responsibility. All Little Buttercup Cakery’s cakes are fragile and require care and attention when handling, storing, and displaying. Please pay careful attention to our storage and transportation (where relevant) instructions that will be provided with the cake.
PHOTOGRAPHY OF YOUR CAKE
- Little buttercup cakery reserves the right to take and use photographs of your cake(s) and desserts, before, during and after set up, including scenic photos of the event location, to use for marketing, advertising, and promotional purposes without compensation to you.
NATURAL DISASTER/ACTS OF GOD
- Performance of this agreement is contingent upon the ability of Little buttercup cakery to complete this agreement when delay or default is caused by conditions beyond its control, including but not limited to, Acts of God, Government restrictions, war, terrorism, criminal act, insurrection, and/or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the company.
- In the unlikely event that the baker is injured or becomes too ill to provide services for your event, Little buttercup cakery will make every effort to secure a suitable replacement bakery. If the situation should occur and a suitable replacement is not found, responsibility and liability is limited to the return of all payments received for event services. If the client does not want Little buttercup cakery to find a replacement, the contracting party may choose to receive a refund instead.
COMPLAINTS AND LEGAL
- All cakes require a signature on delivery / collection, this indicates you are happy with the product received. If you are not happy please ensure you make this known when accepting your cake. This gives us the opportunity to correct any problems. We are not responsible for mistakes made by the customer i.e. incorrect / misspelled names or incorrect choice of cake. We always keep samples of our products for a reasonable time. In addition we always take photographs of the cakes prior to delivery / collection.
Complaints are extremely rare in the world of cakes and we have never had a complaint as yet. Some complaints may require further investigation and an immediate refund may not always be possible. Cakes, or part of cakes and cupcakes, must be returned to us within 24 hours to ensure we are able to fairly assess the nature of the complaint. The cake must have been stored at the correct temperature and in the box we supplied, out of the sun and away from damp conditions or heat. If you are complaining for a refund you must return at least 75% of the uneaten product within 24 hours of delivery.
We do not refund for customers that have simply changed their mind or if the cake has been damaged out of our care.
Please note icing may crack as it dries out which is out of our control and why we recommend you consume your cake as soon as it is cut. We do not accept complaints for not liking the taste of our products mainly because individual’s tastes are different. We can offer a tasting service for a small fee which allows you the opportunity to taste our products should you wish to do so prior to ordering.
- All disputes arising under this agreement shall be resolved through mediation. If mediation is unsuccessful, the dispute will be submitted to binding arbitration.